Vintage Metal Cart Makeover

vintage metal cart

Vintage Metal Cart – The Before!

Earlier this summer I came across this vintage metal cart at Picker’s Pig Pen. I’ve mentioned Picker’s Pig Pen before in this space. It’s a place I can go when I’m looking for inspiration or a new project. I had spotted one of these shelves there last year, but I didn’t take it at the time and the next time I went it was gone. read more

My fourth Charlie Caftan

Charlie Caftain in Fuchsia Linen Rayon Blend

I finished my fourth and probably final, for this year at least, Charlie Caftan this weekend. The fabric is a linen rayon blend which means embracing a few wrinkles. The ones you see here are just from putting it on. read more

When Shopping’s Lost Its Fun, You Start Sewing

I hate shopping. I especially hate shopping for clothes. All clothes, any clothes, I hate it. I hate trying them on, I hate what the stores sell in my size and price range. But since I’m not a fan of running around naked either, I usually force myself to do the deed a couple of times a year. And you can tell by my clothes that I don’t enjoy the process. read more

A Quick Fix for Smelly Skechers

Here's a quick little project to fix smelly Skechers.

I bought a pair of Skechers last year and they are absolutely my most comfy pair of shoes. In fact, the only reason I don’t wear them all the time is because they either smell too bad to wear or they’re in the wash to get de-funked. Which is a bummer because they’re the perfect cute little shoe to wear with casual capris or crop pants. So I decided to take a stab at solving the problem. read more

Asymmetric Bag, Free Pattern and Tutorial

Asymmetric Bag Free Pattern and Tutorial

Finally! The tutorial and pattern for this bag I’ve promised. It was surprisingly time-consuming to redraw the pattern and make it nice and clean so it would make sense to everyone else. So, click here >>> >here< <<<  for the pattern. I don’t care if you make and sell a million dollars worth of these bags – just don’t post my pattern on your own site. read more