Topiary Care – Inside and Outside

One thing that I have not discussed here is topiary care. A lot depends on what you’ve planted your topiary with, but topiary are unusual planters with their own logistical quirks.

Topiary care outside

Larger topiary, like Fred, can live in your garden as long as you’ve planted them either with annuals, or with winter hardy succulents like Hens & Chicks. I’ve seen rose cones suggested as a winter cover, but since these guys are kind of big, maybe a Styrofoam cooler would work. Either way, you’ll want to keep it in an area where it’s protected from snow and rain for the winter. read more

More Great Ideas!

Five on Friday, April 7th

5 on Friday best of the week

This past week flew by again! In case you missed it, I’ve started working on adding video to some of my tutorials. My first attempt at video was a huge learning process that took up a lot of my weekend and evenings. Which means I did not join nearly as many link parties this week. So this week’s 5 are from my Pinterest boards. read more

More Great Ideas!

Topiary Toad

Check out this adorable topiary toad made from chicken wire and succulents!

I did not set out to create a topiary toad this week. The plan was actually to create a hanging planter that looked like a purse. But then I saw a bunch of stone plants, aka Lithops and plans suddenly changed. read more

More Great Ideas!

A Quick Fix for Smelly Skechers

Here's a quick little project to fix smelly Skechers.

I bought a pair of Skechers last year and they are absolutely my most comfy pair of shoes. In fact, the only reason I don’t wear them all the time is because they either smell too bad to wear or they’re in the wash to get de-funked. Which is a bummer because they’re the perfect cute little shoe to wear with casual capris or crop pants. So I decided to take a stab at solving the problem. read more

More Great Ideas!

The Owl Herb Planter

Owl Topiary

The last topiary I made was an owl – you can see it >>here<<. I did not love or even like the way he looked once I stuffed him with moss and planted him. So I pulled out all the plants and moss expecting to discard the rest. Except once he was empty, I loved him again. read more

More Great Ideas!